Friday, January 21, 2011

I love baby food!!

I am a little upset with myself on how I started the girls out on solids, but hopefully I didn't screw them up too bad. Not only was it a little early to start them, I started with fruits!!! That's a big NO-NO!! Well, it's not really that big of a deal but they are already showing signs of being picky (that would be from their father) and veggies aren't always the funnest things to eat.  Especially all pureed!! We were running low on our first batch of applesauce, and due to a possible allergy to banana's, it was time to start cooking/pureeing.  Macintosh apples are my favorite to use when making baby food!

I had two very patient little helpers this evening which made cooking a success. Bringing out their new sippy cups was my secret weapon. It mainly acts as another teething toy, but they are getting the hang of it. The wild man was pushing cups and bowls down his new slide so that kept him entertained throughout all of this too. 

I'm starting to think that unless you love making baby food or my babies that this is possibly the worst blog ever! But, I will continue on as if my evening of making baby food is the biggest thrill of your night since it was basically our thrill for the entire day. Two pounds of apples, two mango's and a bag of baby carrots later and this is what we made.

It's not impressive, I know! Mango's were a hit though (yes, I know it's another fruit, but the carrots were way too hot and they were way too hungry to wait)!!






WOW! Are you blown away?? I don't think I will be blogging about a night of baby food making again, but to be quite honest it has been my only productive activity this week! Time for a relaxing weekend together!! I will leave you with me getting both girls to laugh during all of the cooking tonight!


2 comments:

  1. I LOVED this post! I'm starting to make Paisley's food too - so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, love the video! I sent an invitation to my blog to your gmail account, I set it on private when Kirk got deployed just in case...Hope you guys are doing good! Still would love to plan a play date!!

    ReplyDelete