Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The great food war of 2011.

This war consists of me against 4 individual eaters... and I am losing.

I have an expanding love for making nutritious meals for my family and I spend most of my Sunday's prepping our meal plan for the upcoming week. I love looking at parenting.com, cookbooks, and most recently, Pinterest for meals. I write out my grocery list(several times) and categorize each food item ever so neatly. Lately though, I dislike planning and preparing my meals for my ungrateful, picky eating family.

{That sounded a bit harsh}

Here are the issues that I am currently facing:

Hunter is no longer my "eat anything I put in front of him" boy. He's an opinionated(in his own noise making way) two year old. And, I hate to make that an excuse, but I have no other reason to blame it on. It can't possibly be my cooking, right?

The girls are not allowed any kind of meat for dinner. They have proved time and time again that their tummy's just can't handle it before bed. They are up ALL night with upset stomachs and it's just a bad deal for everyone.

My sweet, loveable, handsome husband unfortunately doesn't like "healthy" foods. Veggie's are a negative and basically anything else that is out of his comfort zone. This zone consists of mashed potatoes, hot dogs, meaty things, and mostly cheesy things. There is nothing wrong with this at all. He can lose 15lbs in a week without even trying, but if I lived like this then it would be a very ugly sight.

Which leads to me, who wants to eat new, healthy foods I haven't tried plus organic and fresh. I think M&M's are organic and most defiantly fresh so those are a weekly must have. Don't get me wrong, I'm not claiming to eat healthy 24/7, but I would sure as heck like to try as often as possible. As well as my growing babies.

So, this is my problem... devastating, I know. But, my only option as of right now is to prepare 3 or 4 different meals for each person. And if Hunter doesn't eat his then that's what I am usually left with, mostly because I hate to throw away food that I put time and effort into cooking. So, hopefully I will either have a solution to this or I can get some wonderful advice and tips from moms that have gone through this before.

No comments:

Post a Comment