Tuesday, March 29, 2011

My little beast

Since being back in Oklahoma, aka the state of extra hands (in our case), we have started a weekly "mommy and me" day with Hunter. We as in I, but help from Grammy! So, every Tuesday morning (the only day of the week my children want to sleep in) we race to get fed, dressed, packed and loaded up to head to Tulsa. I quickly throw the girls into grammy's house and then Hunter and I make our way to The Little Gym!! Keep in mind that Hunter is stuck at home with myself and two very needy baby sisters every day of the week, so the first time we went it was a little overwhelming... for the both of us. Plus, we were late to enroll so most of the kids already have the routine down. My little ADD boy didn't have a chance with sitting quietly on the mat with all the bright colored obstacle courses in the background. Yes, I just labeled my child with ADD. Hang out with him, my husband and my father-in- law for 30 minutes and you'll do a self diagnosis too. Anyways, turns out there are other "easily distracted" children in the "beasts" class too so we joined them on the "fun toys" while everyone else sang songs. If you didn't catch that, he's in the "BEASTS" class!!

So, the second week went awesome! Note to self, don't be early. He was very upset that we couldn't enter the gym when we first arrived. I was surprised he remembered and was excited to be back. Money well spent (Jake).  Bells start off every class and we all introduce ourselves while sitting in a circle. Hunter had the bells in his mouth and ran around the circle. Next was warm-up time... yeah, we'll skip this one too. On to play time!!! This class is very laid back as you can tell, but the teacher incorporates games, activities, and exercises to work on fine motor skills. Alright, time to wrap up this 45 minute class with some bubbles, balls, bells, and uh... bug stamps (had to keep the "B" thing going). Here is some of the fun we had today... see you next Tuesday, Little Gym!!

starting on the low beam
obstacle course
moving to the high beam
basketball time, finally.
bubbles, bubbles
you're embarrassing me, mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment