Friday, March 4, 2011

You think I would be good at this by now

Goodbye's are apart of our life, I get it. But, I feel like someone has kicked me in the stomach and now I can't even catch my breath.  I hate this feeling! I know this feeling! Exactly a year ago we said our goodbye's to Jake as he headed off to Afghanistan. I was 3 months pregnant with the girls and Hunter was 9 months old and just starting to walk. Fast forward to late last night and we ALL said our goodbye's to Jake yet again. This time it was sudden. There was no time to mentally prepare for this(if that's even possible) and there was no time to enjoy the last few moments with my husband. Jake put each baby to bed to say his last goodnight for awhile and then packed up to head to base. I think I was still in denial when I kissed him goodbye.

Today was supposed to be an exciting day. My mom and grandma flew in for a little vacation to see the babies(and Jake and I). Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled and so very thankful that they are here now because who knows how I would've handled all of this on my own with 3 babies. But, Jake's gone. My husband was not here when I woke and he won't be here when I go to bed. He wasn't here to help put the girls to sleep or to read Hunter his bedtime book. I don't think I am ready to go back to a life without Jake in it. We didn't get enough time to enjoy him home.

Let's skip ahead a couple days...

My mind has been everywhere! I finally decided we WILL come back to Oklahoma while Jake is gone. With the media and the lack of information on Jake's end, we just don't know how long this deployment is going to be. This seemed like it was going to be an easy and quick mission for them, but the way I see it in the news makes me worry, ALOT! We didn't have any news coverage of Afghanistan, but hearing them talk about Jake's ship and his unit gives me a little bit of anxiety(not the angry kind Jake).

I will try to blog as much as I can from Owasso and also try to fill you in on any information regarding Jake(within reason due to security), but I want to thank you all for your prayers already. You don't understand how much we appreciate them or how powerful they are for my husband and his unit!

Flying to Dallas in the morning then driving the rest of the way with my mom and dad! Can't wait to see all our family and friends and hopefully enjoy some nice weather!! (it better not snow)

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart feels broken for you and this time I am in a completely different situation. As I read this, that feeling for me came back & I remembered how much I didn't like it. Hope you enjoy being back with your family & pray the time passes, but not too fast cus you have babies growing up :) 1/2 is in our prayers <3

    ReplyDelete