Thursday, September 22, 2011

Separation anxiety: the 25 year old version

It has only been a little over a day since my mom headed back home to Oklahoma, but I am missing her more than I ever have. It probably doesn't help that my husband still hasn't returned from his training, but I am finding it harder and harder to say our goodbye's.

I think the older I get the more love and appreciation I have towards my mother. Don't get me wrong, I loved her a whole heck of a lot when I was younger. I doubt I showed her half as much as I needed to though and I know she probably doubted my love and appreciation from time to time because, well, lets just say I wasn't as well behaved and loving as I am now{grin}.

My mom is my best friend and in most cases I cannot make a simple decision without consulting her. I typically need to call her at least 3 times a day, mostly to tell her that I moved a picture from the bathroom to the hallway or to ask where the best place is to buy a certain food. Her opinion and input means the world to me. She has an amazing sense of style, especially in home decor and her ability to answer almost any question I may have is incredible. She can google quicker than anyone you've ever met and she has the most giving heart. As a kid/teenager/young adult she took me anywhere I wanted to go, drove back and forth from work to bring me homework, lunch money, softball gear, laundry and she packed and moved me more times than I can count.

Also, the love she shows my babies is heart melting. And seeing them light up the way that they do when she's around makes me so proud as a mommy. Circumstances allow us amazing opportunities to be back with her and other family quite often and for long periods of time. These are blessings mixed with sadness since it is due to Jake deploying, but because of her and everyone else I know that my kids are getting the love and attention they need while he's away.

I know that I am most likely going to get double the attitude, stress, and worry from my two girls like I showed my mom, but as long as I can get at least half the love that I have towards my mom from my girls then all will be right in my world. I cannot imagine a life without my mom in it, she has taught me so much in these 25 wonderful years and I continue to learn so much more from her. Thank you for all that you've done and for all that you do. I love you with all my heart and the appreciation I have towards you can not be put in to words, you are simply incredible.

1 comment: