Saturday, September 24, 2011

Weekly wrap up: goodbye's and hello's

WHAT A WEEK!

Mimi landed super late Saturday night and with late naps backfiring and a schedule out of whack we somehow were all awake to greet her at the airport. E was beyond tired so a meltdown was her way of welcoming Mimi to North Carolina. The girls headed straight to bed and then the Hunter love fest was on. The love/infatuation that my mom has towards that boy is unbelievable. With that said, if he was doing anything "wrong" during her visit she wasn't about to tell him no or get on to him. That went for the girls as well, including buckling Riley into a car seat that she didn't want to be buckled in to. Mimi was not about to be associated as the "bad guy" by forcing her to sit, so I had to do it.

We had an absolute blast and we were spoiled rotten by her. 
I think I am more spoiled now since having her grandkids than I ever was as a child.
{I am perfectly fine with this}
We shopped, shopped, went to eat, shopped, cooked, planted flowers, shopped, loved on babies, went on walks to the park, laughed, cuddled, and were completely consumed with Mimi.
Needless to say, it was a sad goodbye.
I am also saddened by the fact that I only got one picture of her and the kids!


Now, on to the rest of the week where we:

Rode our new bikes from Mimi.



Did a little seasonal planting.
{making on base housing feel a little more like home}


Enjoyed the rain.






Baked lots of cookies.


For a yummy 5 layer ice box cookie cake.

That ended up tasting incredible with the homemade mascarpone icing.




Delicious.


Happy Belated Birthday Daddy!

 
WELCOME HOME!

Are these mine?


You like my card daddy?

It has been a wild, fun, crazy, emotional, exciting week!
Now, trying to get back in to a routine with daddy back.
{who knew 2 weeks could throw us off so bad}

1 comment:

  1. Neither of my grandma's EVER got on to me (that I remember), and I want to be just like them.

    ReplyDelete