Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The girls are 15 months old!

I can't believe that my babies are not really babies anymore. 
I can't believe that Hunter was this old when the girls were born... well close to.
I can't believe that I haven't done an actual growth post since they were 8 months old.
I can't believe it has been a year since Riley was in the hospital.
I can't believe I am a mommy to toddler/twin/girls. {smile}
I can't believe I have to reference their growth chart for accuracy on this post.
(Wow, I'm usually more gullible than that.) 

My sweet Emma, 
You are still my tiny, peanut weighing in at 22lbs 15oz (54%)
(this is new for me, I've never had a child under the 70th percentile in weight)
That head of yours is definitely your daddy's at 47cm (80%)
And somehow you seem to be taller than your sister 31 3/4in (81%)




You have the quietest, little voice when you get excited or cry.
And you are still my koala bear latched on to my hip. 
{thank you for still needing mommy}

You can't go anywhere or sleep without your lamb.
{this makes my heart smile}
And you love the rub its ears and tail.
So far we just call it "baby".

You clap when we say "yeah" or if you see other people clapping.
You can say "Na-na" and shake your head for "no".
You are also babbling "buh-buh", "da-da", "ma-ma", "sssssuh".

You are a master climber...
which makes for a master faller.
And you escaped a major accident on Halloween night with only a scratched nose when the gate at the top of the stairs gave way and you tumbled half way down. {sigh} 
You are also pretty good at jumping up and down on the couch.

You are extremely picky with food and with people, at first.
You love strawberries, mandarin oranges, oatmeal and yogurt.
(that's about it for the most part)
This is probably why you are staying so tiny, Emmy.

I love your single dimple, your straight hair, those gaped teeth and your pretty blonde hair.
I respect your strong will, one track mind.
Thank you for being our very own Emma.



My beautiful Riley,
The baby sister but weighing the most at 24lbs 1 oz. (70%)
(that's a healthy weight, baby girl)
You've always looked taller than E, but you are 31 1/2 in (79%)
And there is an equal match on the Johnson head at 47cm (80%)




Ry Ry, you are our most vocal child.
Besides babbling none stop you love to say "ticka-ticka".
(it's pretty adorable)
You are also saying "Da-da", Ma-ma", "buh-buh", and "nuh nuh nuh" while shaking your head.
You are an excellent dancer, I might add. {grin}
Your infatuation with stuffed animals is OUT OF CONTROL.
The way you bring them in the room one by one or even 4 at a time always makes for a good laugh.
And your constant need to rub them on your face is adorable.
You too have a giraffe that you sleep with at night, but you also need several others in bed too.
(daddy jokes about how hard it is to find you to cover you up after you fall asleep)

You have always been a good eater, but you are also getting kind of picky on me too.
You love to smile, scream, and yell at "da-da"... especially when he is gone.
Your NEED to put anything and everything in to your mouth is getting a little old though.
Dirt, Riley?!? Really... still... can we out grow this already?

You are my almost always happy child.
You tend to get busted lips A LOT... it must be those precious, pouty lips you have.
You love for daddy to chase you and to wrestle on the bed.
And a pile of sand/dirt can entertain you for an hour.
You love almost every fruit, but you individually throw every other food you don't like off of your tray.
Spaghetti is probably your favorite meal right now.
And you are starting to sign "more" when you want food... Emma is too.

Riley I can not wait for you to start talking... which will probably lead to signing and yelling.
You have the brightest eyes and lovable cheeks. 
You will always be my last baby, so you might as well get used to it now.
We love you more and more every day.



1 comment:

  1. This is precious and makes me miss them terribly...as well as fill my eyes with tears.

    ReplyDelete