Thursday, October 20, 2011

Mini monkey muffins

These are the famous Pioneer Woman's Monkey Muffins, but I just turned them mini for my 3 little mini's running around and oh how they love these!!

You can literally do this while the kids are still coming to life on the couch and they don't even beg for food while it's cooking. We have that problem a lot in the mornings. I can never feed them fast enough once they are awake, but these are so easy I don't even mind the clean up afterwards.

Here's the recipe, now just make them in a mini muffin/cupcake pan if you are making them for your mini's... or for yourself, because they are perfect bite size for us hungry dieting mommy's.

{Of course Ree's recipe has her homemade dough, but I just buy a can of regular biscuits and it is just the same.. well, I can't say that for sure, I've never had her make these for me.}

Ree's pictures look so much more detailed and delicious but here is how they should look in a mini muffin tin after baking. The three little sections in each muffin just break apart so no frantic cutting for the smaller babies needing easier bites. These are pre Eagle Brand and OH MY that makes the difference. Although these are good without, I try to pick up a can of Eagle Brand when I know I am making these.



Hope this was helpful to anyone in a food idea slump for your little ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment