Friday, October 7, 2011

Take your kids to work day

Actually, it was just a family cookout but let's pretend just this once because lets face it, they'll most likely never get to go with him to his real work. Do they still do "take your daughter/child to work day"? I don't even think it was a legitimate excused absence, but that was probably one of my most favorite days in school. Any ways, back to our pretend day that we invented for the Marine Corps.

The whole day was actually Jane Wayne day. It is where the wives get to go do all the "fun" things their husbands do. Now, I have a confession... I will be the first to admit it... I suck at this Marine wife super duper hard core lifestyle. I will never understand or even try to learn ALL the acronyms. Almost everything is an acronym and if its not then they just change the name completely. I know a few, by accident but compared to the other wives I look like a fool. And, I'm perfectly fine with that. As long as my husband knows how to not die and I am taking care of our babies and keeping our family happy and together then we are doing great. I am a little jealous I didn't get to shoot some big guns though.
{correct sentence would be: fire some weapons.}

When we first showed up, H only noticed the bouncy castles and slides, but after several attempts at that and taking his shoes on and off one too many times, he noticed all the big guns and trucks.





  
{That's my little girl on the top of a big truck, mixed emotions}


We had so much fun though. Getting out of the house and letting them run in any direction without limitation was a dream come true, especially for Riley.  And I think Jake was excited to see Hunter interested in all the cool boy things. The kids had such a hard time finding their daddy though once they noticed everyone else had on the same pants and big brown boots. Emma kept walking up to every guy, sitting on his boots, looking up, then looking at me to say nope, wrong daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment