Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Weekly wrap up: Poplar Grove Halloween Festival

I am slacking and feeling a little sluggish this week so it might show in this blog, I apologize.

This was our 2nd year to visit the Poplar Grove Plantation for their annual Halloween festival and we enjoyed it very much. The hayride didn't get as many smiles and thrills as I thought it would, but I think everyone was still trying to wake up from the drive down. The girls are only interested in the open spaces that they are allowed to just take off in... always in different directions too. Last year Jake and Hunter entertained themselves with all the inflatables but this year Hunter was more interested in the pony rides. Patches got a lot of our money that day. This picture of H on Patches may have influenced his Pop's and Grammy to get some horses along with the baby goats they've promised the kids with their upcoming move. A couple hours at the festival was good enough for the kids and we had plenty of time to catch the OSU/Texas game on TV at home.










H also had his cardiologist appointment in Wilmington this week. Because of Kawasaki's there could be damage to the heart, but since we caught everything in time there was no damage done in the hospital and after the EKG that he had on this day it showed everything as normal. No more visits to the cardiologist and no more aspirin!! I think we are more excited about the aspirin than anything else... crushing, dissolving, and getting him to drink it was getting very old. He has seen his Pedi several times since being discharged and he has done great, but the cardiologist was in the same hospital he was admitted to and I think he could tell. His mood changed and he turned in to quite the tantrum thrower... I can't really blame him though.



I guess I need to come up with a few other posts in between the weekly wrap up's because they are all I seem to post lately.

H started his speech therapy this week, which is super exciting and even more so because he loves his therapist. After weeks of testing and evaluating, he qualified for the program and we are starting once a week until he turns three. Hunter did everything so quick as a baby... sat up, crawled, walked, and even showed signs of talking early, but then his words went away and now is non existent. Not only will we be working on speech but his following direction, transitioning, and attention. After answering some of her questions she had for me in the beginning I realized how much of an enabler I was/am to his growth in the communication world. I literally do everything for him. I never ask him to go get things or have him follow any kind of direction. But, we have started asking "more" of him and he actually loves it! We cannot wait to see what comes of therapy.

Here is a little activity I saw/came up with for his attention and focusing. I then had him try to sort/seperate two colors. All you need is play doh, raw spaghetti and fruit loops.

No comments:

Post a Comment